- What to do right now
- Important dates to mark on your calendar including Benefits Fairs
- How to actually enroll
It’s all below:
Do this right now
Review and evaluate your choices! Make sure you understand and compare your options for this year, choose the coverage that’s best for you and your family, take the steps necessary to save money with the healthy choices incentives, and enroll.
Here’s a 9-point checklist you can start today – and you’ll be ready when open enrollment begins October 28:
- Make sure you know which benefits apply to you.
- If you haven’t already, take the steps to save up to $780 off your medical coverage with the healthy choices incentives (tobacco-free status saves you $25/month, health assessment saves you $40/month if completed by November 15).
- Begin reviewing your open enrollment benefit options.
- Consider the cost – out of pocket expenses along with the amount that will be taken out of your paycheck.
- Find your providers – if you’re considering a new medical plan for next year, find a provider now, or make sure your current provider will be in network under your 2020 plan.
- Figure out how much you want to contribute to a health care and/or dependent care Flexible Spending Account if you plan to have one this year.
- Consider Hyatt Legal. Open enrollment is the only time current employees can opt in or out of the legal services plan (outside of life status change events).
- Consider supplement disability. Open enrollment is the only time supplemental disability may be added or cancelled.
- Gather necessary paperwork. Verify your beneficiary information so you can make appropriate updates. And if you’re adding family members to your coverage, make sure you have Social Security numbers and other required documents ready. Learn about enrolling dependents.
Mark your calendar
- Monday, September 16 – Onsite health screenings (and free flu shots!) begin – have you signed up?
- Monday, September 30 – Departmental benefit presentations begin – check with your department to see if one is planned for your area
- Monday, October 28 – OPEN ENROLLMENT BEGINS!
- Monday, October 28 – Verdugo Hills Benefits Fair – 10am-3pm at 1812 Verdugo Blvd – Council rooms. Come get your questions answered in person by benefits staff or benefit vendors – free parking in the structure!
- Wednesday, October 30 – UPC Benefits Fair – 9:30am-2pm at Pardee Plaza – Come get your questions answered in person by benefits staff or benefit vendors – and enjoy free giveaways!
- Thursday, October 31 – HSC Benefits Fair – 10am-3pm on Pappas Quad – Come get your questions answered in person by benefits staff or benefit vendors – and enjoy free giveaways (you can wear a costume if you want)!
- Friday, November 15 – The HR Service Center begins offering extended hours in advance of the open enrollment deadline. See schedule here.
- Monday, November 18 – OPEN ENROLLMENT ENDS MIDNIGHT TONIGHT
How to enroll
You will receive a notification from Workday, on October 28, that it’s time to complete your open enrollment. But at any time during open enrollment, you may log into Workday (from the Employee Gateway simply click on “Workday” – it’s the first popular link) to complete your enrollment. You may also wish to consult the Workday enrollment instructions.
As you’re enrolling, be sure to:
- Designate your tobacco status (meaning if you do not use tobacco, in Workday you must “elect” the tobacco incentive; if you do use tobacco, click “waive”)
- Indicate whether your spouse/registered domestic partner has employer-sponsored medical coverage available (meaning if you aren’t required to pay the spousal surcharge, in Workday you must “waive” the surcharge)
- Review everything before finalizing your transaction
- Print your enrollment confirmation statement when you’re finished
If you make a mistake…
Don’t worry! If you decide you want to make a change before open enrollment ends, just log back into Workday and make the change, being sure to complete the process to the end again. If you need help, contact the HR Service Center at email@example.com or (213) 821-8100.
Para asistencia en español, llame al centro de servicio de recursos humanos al (213) 821-8100.