Everyone enrolls in 2019
USC employees will want to re-enroll in benefits during this year’s open enrollment – after all, it’s the only way to get discounts with our healthy choices incentives. So it’s important that during open enrollment you’re able to make the best benefit choices for you and your family. This year a slate of new tools will help you do just that! (See our Benefits Sneak Peek video at right for a preview of one of our new tools – ALEX!)
What’s on this site
The navigation items in the above red banner contain a wealth of information:
Start with What applies to you – because some employee groups have differing benefit information; this will ensure you get exactly the information you need
Learn – what’s new; your medical, vision and dental coverage; your providers; coverage cost
Save – learn about Flexible Spending Accounts and healthy choices incentives
Choose – tap into numerous tools to help you make the best decision for your family’s needs – all the help you need!
Enroll – the specifics on steps you need to take
What happens if you don’t take those steps?
- You will be automatically re-enrolled based on your 2018 medical plan election, covering the same dependents you currently cover.
- If you waived medical coverage in 2018, you will not receive medical coverage in 2019 unless you enroll.
- With no verification otherwise, it will be assumed that you use tobacco products, so you won’t receive the $25 per month tobacco-free credit.
- If you cover your spouse or registered domestic partner, it will be assumed they have employer-sponsored medical coverage available, so you’ll pay an extra $100 per month for the working spouse surcharge.
- You won’t be able to use either a health care Flexible Spending Account or a dependent care Flexible Spending Account for 2019.
- Any other benefits from 2018, not mentioned above, will remain the same.
Watch your email!
Announcements will come your way throughout the open enrollment period via email, via your Monday morning Gateway Connect email, and via emails from Workday. At any time, please direct questions to the HR Service Center at (213) 821-8100 or email@example.com.
All new plans and rates take effect January 1, 2019, and all benefit information will be available on appropriate benefit pages of the Employee Gateway at that point. Your 2018 benefits and rates are effective through December 31.